Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ode on desk lamp

Dear desk lamp,

When was the first time I met you? Every morning at 6:30 am, you enlighten my world and took me to your rays. You were always there when I needed you. When I was so tired and out of energy you encouraged me to start moving. When I saw you I was able to become active and start an activating day.

How kind of you to resist when I pressed you hard! You were not complaining nor nagging to me. You remained patient and helped me to do homework and my studies. Also, you helped me to keep my eyesight. My eyesight is very bad, and if you weren't there I would have gotten a worse eye sight.

You're my longest friend. Except my parents, I think you were there beside me since I was very young. When I was five and I used to put Christmas ornaments on you because I loved decorating. You might have felt disturbed, annoyed, and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, you never frowned towards me.
Glittering Friends Graphicl
Helping me getover some situations, you always fulfilled me with delight. When I fought with my friend, Julie in third grade, you looked bright and made me feel better. You glanced at me with a wide grin on your face, and stayed with me like you knew everything. I'd like to resemble your patience, openness, and brightness.

Thnk you for always cheering me up.Smile Face

Sincerely,
Seo young Kim

2 comments:

  1. Seo young,

    This is a good ode. Remember to use a lot of personifications in your ode to make it very creative next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Nice ode to your desk lamp! If you used some more personifications, your ode would be much better and interesting. Keep writing great posts~

    -Yongwook, Oh (Writing TA)

    ReplyDelete